Saturday, April 30, 2005

Good-Bye 9-5

Today was my last day of work. I worked for 6 years at this company. There were far - far - far more good times than bad. I learned so many things. The best thing I learned is that I'm very good at what I do and it is time. I'm very lucky.

Yesterday, the Ladies through a spectacular good bye. I was supposed to bring my boss lunch but the lunch-room was crowded with large bowls full of delicious smelling food. The greatest thing about these ladies is the various cultures.... (in alphabetical order) Afghani, Austrian, Belgian, Chinese, Danish, di El Salvador, German. The food they make is amazing! and you have to eat it all, as much as you can. Let's just say, I didn't feel myself afterwards.

After the smorgasborg my boss lady asked me what I was doing that evening. I responded the usual... going home, I'll have that bottle of wine. She looked at me disappointedly. I wondered what she would rather I say.

I visited the lunchroom later in the day. I couldn't stop eating some of the leftovers. I told her what I had done. She said, "maybe you should stop" I wondered if I "Looked" full. But that isn't her style. But at the end of the day she asked me if I was hungry and I realized all this time she wanted to take me out for dinner.

I was not hungry at all.

I would eat.

She took me to one of the best restaurants in town. It was packed. It was just the two of us at first but then two of my other associates joined us and we had a wonderful meal.

First class all the way. My last few weeks were like my first few weeks. Fresh.

Thank you CLOTHES.

No comments: