These are the Pocketbook Slippers, modified.
- Cast on three stitches.
- Increase one stitch at the beginning of this row and at the end. 5 stitches. (this creates a rounded tip)
- Garter stitch or, knit each row for three rows.
- Increase one stitch at the beginning of each row until there are 22 stitches.
- This next row, knit the front and back of each stitch to get 44 stitches.
- K2, P2 Ribbing to end until the ribbing length measures 15cm or 6".
- Knit 2 together to return to 22 stitches.
- Return to Garter stitch, decrease one stitch at the beginning of each row until the are five stitches.
- Row 1: *Knit 1, yo, k2tog, k2.
- Row 2: Knit to end.
- Row 3: Knit to end.*
- Repeat until there are three button holes.
*After the last button hole: Slip 1, K2tog, Knit to end. (4 stitches)*
Repeat between *. (3 stitches)
- Bind Off Row: Slip 1, K2tog, pass slipped stitch over.
- Weave loose ends.
- Fold horizontally, bringing the triangles together, sew the ends closed.
- Sew a button in the centre of the tab opposite the button hole strap.
- Fasten the button to the strap and slip onto foot.
Enjoy your new stretchy slippers that will fit most depending upon your gauge.
KnitWits Heaven published the Pocketbook Slipper pattern here.
Suggested changes brought to you by YarnyGirl.
And Handmade by Jennifer