...about the Hustle Bustle Pattern
- for wide fabrics of 150cm [60"] you'll need 105cm [ 42"]
- for narrow fabrics of 115cm [45"] you'll need 140cm [55"]
- Middle weight woven fabrics.
- A fabric that gathers nicely and that is not too bulky.
- Cottons, Linens,
- Should you choose a lighter fabric, a heavy hem or a heavy ruffle on the bottom will help weigh it down.
- Small = 70cm [27.5"]
- Medium = 80cm [31.5"]
- Large = 90 cm [35.5"]
- Depending on how you prefer to wear the skirt, low on the hips, or high on the waist.
- You could always sew two sizes of button holes so you can adjust the fit afterwards.
Back Tack - to reinforce the stitching at the beginning of the seam. Especially when sewing the tie, that seam needs to be strong when you pull that sucker through!
Button Holes - perhaps I should have called them, "Drawstring Portals", you'll need one on the left and one on the right, so you can draw the tie through. You'll then gather it up, turn the bustle under-or not and look fabulous! REMEMBER: the button holes are on the outside of the body.
[Let it be known all current patterns, any created after July 2007, have been corrected]
Eeak! It has been pointed out to me that "the button hole" instruction and "the S, M, L" instruction are switched on the pattern. So, when folded and topstitched, the button holes must face the outside.