spins & needles has been invited to participate in City of Craft, a day long opportunity to buy, observe, experience, chat about, share and re-imagine all things handmade!
WHAT: City of Craft
WHO: 60+ craft vendors, community groups, installation artists & workshop leaders
WHEN: Saturday December 1, 2007, 11am-8pm
WHERE: Theatre Centre, located at 1087 Queen Street West at Dovercourt.
Event highlights include:
- 60+ craft vendors and exhibitors from Toronto and Montreal selling awesome handmade art, craft & fashion and promoting their craft-based initiatives
- Soft City, a plush cityscape that invites Torontonians to reconsider their relationship to the place they live
- StreetKnit's hand-knit house, an inventive endeavor to bring awareness to issues of homelessness in the city (Donations of hand knit garments will be accepted at the event).
- Perusal of Toronto Zine Library's entire collection of zines in the cozy reading lounge.
- Ample opportunities to make stuff!