Monday, November 13, 2006

Feeling Green

It was in September when I forecasted the completion of this sweater for October. Why not? A month to knit a sleeve was an informed guess. I did not foresee that last sleeve taking as long as it did.

Specifications

Pattern: Forecast by Glampyre, available at Knitty

Yarn: Brown Sheep Company, Cotton Fleece (80% Cotton 20% Merino) in Holy Green CW470, 215 yards per skein, I used 4 Skeins, if I were to omit the contrasting colours, I would use 5 skeins.

Needles: 3.25mm and 4mm non-name circulars

Inspiration: Plenty. The seed was first planted when I read Kris's post, and around the same time, Laura's photo of her sweater to Glampyre.

Modifications: I followed Laura's height of ribbing and basic changes to her bobbles. Because my yarn was not close to the one recommended, my gauge was completely off. Therefore, I knit to length and width and followed the premis of the pattern. I also added colour to the bobbles and striping along the ridges. Was it because I was scared not to have enough yarn or a way to match my multiple buttons? It certainly wasn't planned that way.

I'm happy with the result. At last a green cardigan to add to my wardrobe!

For a better picture of the back and bobbles check this link out.

No comments: