Monday, July 03, 2006

One Gold Cardi COMPLETE!


Brilliant Retro, design by Teva Durham

Yarn: Patons Brilliant (69% acrylic, 19% nylon, 12% polyester) ! - I know!

Needles: 3.5mm I had extra long circulars which drove me NUTS, so I cut them and tied a not along each wire, so they could collapse nicely and not interfere with the passengers I share seating with along my route to and from work each day.

Modifications: I made my sleeves "bracelet length"

Pros: The ribbing is a nice change-up and kept me on my toes. The colour of yarn is obviously not an original choice, as it is the one in InterWeave KNITS Winter 2005. But hey, my LYS didn't have the RED I really needed to knit it in, therefore Gold Glow was the one for me, and I like it!

Cons: This is a tight fit. I'm a small person and I usually take small sizes. I'd make a size larger if I were to knit it again. Though, it might relax. You'll be the first to know when its big enough.

11 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful :) Well done! I was considering this sweater, but something scared me off. Perhaps an itty bitty gauge? I can't remember. :) Maybe I should go back and give it a go.

. said...

I love it. My favourite part is the button bands. Well done!

Erica Bunker said...

I love the sweater. It's fantastic. I've had my eye on that since I first saw it in IK.

nikkishell said...

gorgeous~!

kris said...

omg i love it! you look fantastic! love the gold, love the ribbing, love the fit. yeah!

Alison said...

It turned out so well, and it looks great on you! Nice work, lady.

Gina said...

This is one of those patterns that I forgot about. I think it's lovely, and you did a wonderful job with the sleeve modification. I prefer your version to be honest. Very lovely.

Christie said...

Very cute! I love the color! Pretty, pretty, pretty! I don't remember that one, I'm going to have to look again

Melissa said...

very nice! i've had this sweater in the back of my mind for some time, but was a little worried about the tightness factor. keep us updated if it grows a bit.

Peggy said...

I also bought the yarn that cannot be named when it was on sale (50% off!!!). Also aiming to do this project but haven't started yet. Seeing yours is motivating....

*aja said...

Fabulous! You look amazing in it,.