Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Love Your Machine

She is in dire need of a lube-job, hell who isn't? I found her at my local Sally-Ann for $30, barely used. She sews up lovely button-holes, an invisible zipper easily, but skips on jerseys and knits. She has a wide variety of lengths and widths and that's all you need. I talk to her nicely and she performs well. This is what I'm sewing my collection on. It takes longer than an industrial machine, but gives me more space. Over on the left, under the plastic, is my overlock machine.


3 comments:

Christie said...

NIIIIICE! That's similar to my ma's machine that I learned to sew on...oh sweet nostalgia!

Anonymous said...

oh i really need a sewing machine THAT WORKS. nothing causes rage in me like a sewing machine that doesn't work. and i want to make your calypso skirt!

Twiss And Weber said...

It is a version of my Ma's too. That's why I needed it.
I will post that pattern soon, I'm just having it checked over so I don't miss anything... oh and figuring out which instructions need pictures too.