Sunday, May 29, 2005

Alpaca

Very early tomorrow morning, I am going to the River Bend Fibre Company to help with the yearly Alpaca shearing event. Props to my man who will be driving me out.

Cheryl from our Stitch 'n' Bitch invited me. She wote in an email to me, "You are most welcome to take part if you wish! Your obsession with fibre / yarn / textiles makes you the perfect guest."

Her brother-in-law and his wife run the place. She did it last year and loved it. (She also built their web-site) http://www.riverbendalpacas.ca

Cheryl also mentioned that CBC might be doing a profile on the farm, "Thought you'd like to know because from what I remember, you are just as much a CBC junkie as you are a fibre junkie."

I should be wickedly motivated when I return from this experience.

2 comments:

Twiss And Weber said...

I just don't know if I'm ready to start with spinning... so much going on these days. I really must get that collection in the store! The shearing will be a great experience. Let's just say, I'm collecting my information before I begin a new chapter.

kris said...

aawwww cute alpacas! have a great day!